Our weekly podcast came just in time after the shocking removal of the EUR/CHF floor. We begin with this and move on the very correlated upcoming event: the upcoming ECB meeting in which QE is on the cards. We then look at the state of the states, especially wages, before questioning how cheap Saudi oil really is and finishing with the currency from the land down under.
Welcome to a new episode of Market Movers, presented by Lior Cohen of Trading NRG and Yohay Elam of Forex Crunch.You are welcome to listen, subscribe and provide feedback.
- SNBomb: We told you that “black swan” events are actually more common that you think, and here we go. We look back at the now defunct peg and the implications of removing it.
- ECB QE: Did the Swiss know something? Probably so. And what is that something? We preview the ECB decision: how many printed euros are priced in? We lay out the scenarios for Draghi’s day and EUR/USD.
- US wages: EUR/USD is also about the dollar, which has seen good job gains but no pay raises. How will the Fed digest it? We discuss.
- Cheap Saudi oil?: The Saudis can afford lower oil prices, but is it really that low? As the price war continues, we try to find the bottom of the barrel.
- Aussie down under: AUD/USD escaped the 0.80 abyss and is recovering. But for how long? We look into the forces moving the A$.