The Non-Farm Payrolls report is critical for the US dollar – we explain why and what to expected. In addition, our packed show features a debate on false breaks, the Australian and Canadian rate decisions, a potential easing in Japan, the widening gap within oil prices and an update on forex brokers after the SNBomb.
Welcome to a new episode of Market Movers, presented by Lior Cohen of Trading NRG and Yohay Elam of Forex Crunch.You are welcome to listen, subscribe and provide feedback.
- False breaks: These false moves are frustrating for breakout traders, but they provide two opportunities. We talk about how to use them.
- Non-Farm Payrolls: After strong numbers in the past, expectations are high and for good reasons. There are different aspects in the report and different implications for the Fed and the USD. Look out for jobs and for what they pay. Update: Non-Farm Payrolls + 295K – excellent news – USD higher
- Australian pause: The RBA paused and the Aussie enjoyed a relief rally. Why? And can it continue? Let’s say we are not optimistic about AUD/USD going up.
- Canadian rate decision: Also here we saw the central bank hold, but we have a much more upbeat sentiment on this currency.
- Oil vs. oil: There is a widening gap between WTI and Brent, even at these low levels. Why? We provide answers and discuss the situation of the black gold.
- BOJ to move: Inflation is not rising in the land of the rising sun. Does this imply a move from the BOJ? There are advantages and disadvantages.
- Update on SNBomb brokers: The wounds from the January 15th are still open, and we bring updates on a few brokers. And could we see a new floor under EUR/CHF?
Listen to the podcast here: