The FED gave a hawkish hike and this rocked markets. We look at everything FED-related eyeing the path for the year ahead, which my be more Donald-dependent.
You are welcome to listen, subscribe, provide feedback and pledge support on Patreon.
- What: An unprecedented hike in the dot-plot made the difference. We explain what happened in the FED decision and the market reaction.
- 2015 vs. 2016 vs. 2017: Parallels and comparisons to the previous hike is unavoidable and this is telling for 2017. Maybe three hikes is an upper cap.
- Monetary vs. Fiscal: A lot depends on the data, but also on the Donald. If Donald Trump doesn’t deliver, the doves could stop crying.
- Ahead of the curve: Is the FED leading the way with optimism, that it can retreat from, later on?
- Doves vs. the Dollar: The soaring value of the greenback is becoming a factor that should not be ignored.
- Preview: A more quite week leading into Christmas features GDP figures, durable goods orders and end-of-year scrambling.
Listen to the podcast here: