The Aussie is a very popular currency and for good technical and fundamental reasons. After diving down under, we go back to the USA and examine all jobs numbers leading to the FOMC minutes. The British pound has been punished, but is it justified? And finally, we don’t miss the falling Japanese yen ahead of perhaps even bigger moves.
Welcome to a new episode of Market Movers, presented by Lior Cohen of Trading NRG and Yohay Elam of Forex Crunch.You are welcome to listen, subscribe and provide feedback.
- Aussie drill dwon: One of the most predictable currencies enjoys a high yield, high credit rating, a highly regarded central bank and did not experience a recession. But with China slowing, what’s next for the land down under? We dive into the aspects moving A$.
- US jobs: Was the NFP that bad? If not, why did the dollar sell off? After explaining the past we look forward to the pain point: more jobs but no raises. Looking at other figures, we find some reasons to be encouraged.
- Punished pound: Carney carnage hit the pound. We explain the prospects for a rate hike and also look at what events are likely to move the pound in the near future.
- Small in Japan: The ramifications of the one-two blitz continues sending the yen lower. How low can it go? We talk tax, elections and the all important Japanese GDP.
Listen to the podcast here:
Subscribe and receive instant access to our next shows
- Follow us on the iTunes page
- Follow us on Sticher.
- Either via the Market Movers RSS Feed
- Or to the Market Movers Newsletter:
And you can see previous pocasts here.