6 years after the crisis broke out, how far has the improvement in the US job market gone? We begin with this big picture overview and continue to a rundown of the FOMC minutes which triggered a huge market reaction. We then discuss the forces bringing oil prices lower and conclude with a quick overview of the upcoming events in the week ahead.
Welcome to a new episode of Market Movers, presented by Lior Cohen of Trading NRG and Yohay Elam of Forex Crunch.You are welcome to listen, subscribe and provide feedback.
- State of the US labor market: How far has the recovery gone? And where are the weak spots? Not all numbers point in the same direction. We walk through the various data and also try to see what the Fed thinks about it.
- FOMC minutes rundown: What was actually in those meeting minutes that triggered such a strong reaction? Or was it in the positioning and the interpretation? We look back to this market moving event and forward to the next predicted moves?
- Falling oil prices: The “black gold” is squeezed from both sides: supply and demand. We talk about where the pressures are coming from and what is next for this critical commodity.
- Quick preview of the next events: we talk about the events of the week beginning on October 13th, and point out key events.
Listen to the podcast here:
Subscribe and receive instant access to our next shows
- Follow us on the iTunes page
- Follow us on Sticher.
- Either via the Market Movers RSS Feed
- Or to the Market Movers Newsletter:
And you can see previous pocasts here.