In this episode, we preview the big events that are expected to rock markets in September: Non-Farm Payrolls, the Fed decision, the highly anticipated ECB drama and quite a few other releases that move currencies and commodities. The episode begins with a quick rule of thumb about money management that is always relevant.
Welcome to a new episode of Market Movers, presented by Lior Cohen of Trading NRG and Yohay Elam of Forex Crunch.You are welcome to listen, subscribe and provide feedback.
- Rule of thumb for money management: We start the episode with a catch phrase that everybody likes and break it down to one rule of thumb that is always relevant and for everybody.
- Path of the US and the US dollar: We discuss what to look for in the jobs report (not only jobs), what related figures could also have a strong impact and what to expect from the FOMC, in the last press conference around a taper decision.
- What will the ECB do and how will it impact the euro?: After the Jackson Hole drama from Draghi, will the ECB announce QE now? Later? How will the euro react? We discuss the implications.
- Direction of the BOE: After the pound more than reversed its recent gains, we talk about what events to look out for and what to ignore in September.
- Other currencies: It’s a busy month also in other places: we explain why dramas could come from Canada and Australia and which central banks are under pressure.
Listen to the podcast here:
Subscribe and receive instant access to our next shows
- Follow us on the iTunes page
- Follow us on Sticher.
- Either via the Market Movers RSS Feed
- Or to the Market Movers Newsletter:
And you can see previous pocasts here.
A full launch of the show will happen in the weeks to come.